Scan-150410-0001-copy.jpg parisian secrets, october 2014 Thumbnails mr. and mrs. colombo retired, as seen in rome, italy parisian secrets, october 2014 Thumbnails mr. and mrs. colombo retired, as seen in rome, italy parisian secrets, october 2014 Thumbnails mr. and mrs. colombo retired, as seen in rome, italy
Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome, April 2015
Piazza del Campidoglio is one of Rome's most beautiful squares, designed in the sixteenth century by Michelangelo and laid out between two summits of the Capitoline Hill, the most important of Rome's fabled seven hills. From the founding of Rome until its fall almost one thousand years later, the Capitoline Hill symbolized the epicenter of Rome's might and many of the city's most important buildings stood on this hill.

The Palazzo dei Conservatori, the Palace of the Conservators was the seat of the so-called Conservatori, magistrates who administered the city together with the senate. The palazzo was built in 1563 at the site where once stood the Temple of Jupiter Optimus Maximus, one of the most important temples in Ancient Rome.

The palazzo is now part of the Capitoline Museums, which has an important collection of art from the antiquity, including numerous statues as well as mosaics and tombstones. Some notable works are the she-wolf suckling the twins Remus and Romulus and pieces of a giant statue of Emperor Constantine II.

source: aviewoncities